Home > Resources > Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Frequently Asked Questions

Do you Certify Documents?

Yes we do. If you need a copy of document, or require a Solicitors signature on a document, we can help. To have a look at what documents we can sign and how it works, please go to our Document Certification page.

When are you open?

We open from 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.

Where is your Office?

We are situated inside Foxhall Business Centre. We are along Gregory Boulevard on Foxhall Road. As soon as you turn onto Foxhall Road, we are in the building on the left.

Where do I park?

The business centre has a small car park at the front, with limited spaces. If there are no spaces available in the car park or you can park on the main road (Gregory Boulevard).

How do I book an Appointment?

If you want to book an Appointment it is best to call our office on 0115 845 6583. Or you can email us at contact@amlawsolicitors.co.uk

Is AM Law Solicitors a Notary Public?

No. We can only certify documents and do not offer Notary Public services. However, our Solicitor is a Commissioner for Oaths. Find out more about our Document Certification services here.

Do we offer Legal Aid?

No, unfortunately we do not offer Legal Aid, as we work on a Private Client basis.

Do I need my ID?

With most of our cases we do require a copy of your ID for our records, this can be a Driving Licence or a Passport.

What do I need to do when I want a Document Certifying?

When you have set up your appointment, you will need to bring some ID for yourself, and the original copy of any documents you would like certifying. This needs to be the original, as we cannot make a certified copy if it is a photocopy or something online.

What will you write on my Certified Document?

When we certify a document, in most cases we will put: ''I certify this to be a true copy of the original as seen by me'' - and then our solicitor will sign, date and stamp the document. If you need something specifically writing on the document, we can do this also.

How do I pay AM Law Solicitors?

If you are coming to see our Solicitors, we prefer either Cash or a Cheque. But you can also transfer the money to our account. We will give you our bank details if you need them. Also, there are cash machines near our office. The closest is situated outside a Lloyds Bank just past the Forest Tram Stop on Gregory Boulevard.

How can I get to your Office?

We have great Transport links in the surrounding area. You can use the Bus or Tram, and Parking is available in a small visitors car park and on the main road.

Can I have directions to your Office?

Yes! Follow this link that will take you to Google maps with our location pre-set as your destination. All you need to do is put in your location at the top. Click here for Google Maps link.

Can I apply for a Visa?

Yes you can, we deal with all Visa Types in the UK. Give us call or drop us an email and we can see how we can help.

Can I bring a Relative to the UK?

It depends on your circumstances, but we can assist you if you want to bring your Brother or Sister, or Mother or Farther to the UK from a different country. Contact us to see how we can help.

Can I apply an Overseas Worker?

Yes, but you need a Sponsorship Licence. If your business wants to employ an overseas national, contact us and we can guide you through the process of getting a Sponsorship Licence and the application.

What is the income threshold for a UK Visa?

Most UK Visa applications require you to have an income of £18,600. However, this has to be shown that you earn this much with bank statements over the course of a certain period of time. Contact us or see our UK Immigration page for more details.

Can I give AM Law Solicitors a case from a different Solicitor?

If you have an on-going case with a Solicitor and want to come to us, you can. Contact us first to see if it something we can deal with. If you are happy to continue with us, you can ask the Solicitor in question to send the file to us.

How long does a Personal Injury Claim take?

Each case is different, and we can't say how long a claim will take. If you give us all the information and keep in regular contact with us we can try to make the process as fast as possible. In most cases, the other side (Insurers) are the side that make the case take too long.

How much can I claim for Personal Injury?

Once we have all your details, we will arrange for you to see a medical professional who will carry out an examination on you, this will explain the seriousness of your injuries and estimate the recovery time - from here we can accomplish the level of your compensation.

Do I have to be a client to get a Document Certified?

No. You do not have to be a client of ours. Simply give us a call to book an appointment. To have a look at what documents we can sign and how it works, please go to our Document Certification page.